Pokostovsky paving stones are made of Gray Ukraine granite, also called Pokostovsky. The deposit is located in the Zhytomyr region of Ukraine. Today, this granite is mined from 4 to 7 quarries.
Paving stone from Pokostovsky granite has a light gray color, which creates a calm, strict appearance. In addition, I would like to emphasize other features of sawn granite paving stones:
- smooth surface on all sides;
- long service life – paving from Gray Ukraine sawn paving stones will please the eye for decades without any repair or restoration;
- resistance to moisture, acids, mechanical stress, ultraviolet radiation;
- paving stones are not damaged by rot, fungus;
- water resistance – which also provides resistance to cracking during frosts;
- ease of installation and dismantling if necessary;
- when laying, a perfectly even seam is easily created;
- affordable cost, which is achieved due to the use of Ukrainian material.
How to lay sawn Pokostovsky paving stones
Sawn Pokostovsky paving stones are suitable for paving perfectly flat areas: sidewalks, recreation areas, parking spaces, garden and park paths. Laying is carried out almost closely, almost without forming gaps, creating interesting patterns in the form of arcs, circles, triangles, rhombuses and zigzags. When laying paving stones around the perimeter of the building, it is advisable to leave a strip of lawn, fill this gap with marble chips or granite chips of any shade. This will save the coatings during dismantling, reconstruction or repair of the house and will create a more attractive atmosphere of the territory.
In order to make a durable, even paving of granite paving stones, a rigid concrete base is needed. Its thickness depends on the type of soil and ranges from 7–15 cm. However, as practice shows, for footpaths, crushed granite paving stones can be mounted on compacted granite screenings and dry cement-sand mixture.
What is combined with sawn paving stones from Pokostovsky granite
Sawn stone blocks from Pokostovsky granite are perfect for any building facade. It also blends perfectly with other types of surfaces: chipped, heat-treated and tumbled. An excellent design solution would be to combine sawn paving stones with large granite slabs (the same gray granite).
There are also many schemes for laying sawn paving stones, many of which you can find on our website. It can be combined with any kind of granite paving stones, because due to its calm color it can be safely supplemented with red and black stone.